Hen salad sandwiches are a favourite with my household. They love them. I normally have one thing within the fridge for sandwiches 12 months round. We like sandwiches with soup in winter and with chips in summer season for lunch. Hen salad is a good way to make use of up any left over rooster. I believe this recipe will grow to be certainly one of your favourite methods to make use of rooster. This recipe could possibly be doubled for a crowd or lower in half.
Hen Salad Easy Substances Wanted:
Candy Pickle Relish
Seedless Purple Grapes
Walnuts (optionally available)
Apple (optionally available)
We love this rooster salad on French bread however it’s so good on simply Ritz crackers too. This could even be good in a tortilla wrap with lettuce.
If you happen to like this recipe you may additionally love our Best Ham Salad. It’s a highly regarded recipe!
This can be a very versatile recipe, you’ll be able to simply make a couple of easy substitutions too:
- You should use Greek yogurt within the place of the mayonnaise. You may as well use half Greek yogurt half mayonnaise when you like as properly. I’ve made it each methods. You may as well add in just a little bitter cream too.
- Not a fan of candy relish? Use dill relish!
- Add an apple with the grapes, miss the grapes, have solely apple or depart each out. We just like the addition of the grapes.
- You may add some smoked paprika to this recipe to provide it just a little completely different taste. It’s scrumptious.
- Use rotisserie rooster to avoid wasting time!
- Add pecans as a substitute of walnuts or depart the nuts our all collectively.
Are you studying our digital journal, Front Porch Life? It’s stuffed with nice new recipes, nation residing, incredible folks, southern allure, cooking ideas and a lot extra. We ship it on to your e-mail so you can begin studying, cooking, and enjoyable instantly! That is our premium content material. Be part of 1000’s of others as we speak and begin having fun with our journal!
Finest Hen Salad
This finest rooster salad is one your loved ones will love!
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 cups rooster cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 massive egg boiled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon candy pickle relish can use dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup purple seedless grapes lower in half lengthwise (can use the inexperienced grapes, too)
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optionally available)
- 1 small apple chopped (optionally available)
In a bowl, mix the rooster, onion, celery and egg. Stir to mix.
Add the relish and remaining components, stir properly.
Makes about 5 or 6 sandwiches.
Don’t overlook about our Ebooks! Every Book is a group of our hottest recipes. You’ll have all of them at your fingertips and may pull them up at any time. Good and handy as a substitute of getting to look a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.© The Southern Woman Cooks photographs and textual content – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on different websites, or different makes use of allowed with out written permission of the copyright holder.