In search of an appetizer that’s each scrumptious and straightforward to make? Look no additional!
Crispy Coconut Shrimp is a household favourite with jumbo shrimp coated in a candy coconut coating, cooked crispy and golden brown.
They are often ready forward of time, making them good for any gathering or occasion.
Coconut Shrimp are Straightforward to Make
- Crispy, candy, and tender – this Coconut Shrimp recipe is bound to vanish from the snack desk.
- These shrimp are oven-baked (or air fried) for a pleasant crispy coating.
- Make forward and refrigerate or freeze earlier than baking for a fast and straightforward appetizer.
- Simply dip, coat, and bake – it’s that easy!
- Making your personal coconut shrimp prices much less than pre-packaged, and extra importantly, tastes higher.
Substances & Variations
Shrimp – medium or giant, recent or frozen, peeled and deveined. Butterflying the shrimp open can create a extra dramatic presentation, and leaving the tails on could make them straightforward to choose up and dip.
Coating – the important thing to this recipe is the sunshine, crunchy, candy coconut breading. Shredded coconut is pulsed in a meals processor after which added to breadcrumbs for the right texture and taste. You need to use both sweetened or unsweetened coconut, however sweetened is really helpful.
Seasonings – be at liberty to combine up the seasonings to your liking. Attempt including some do-it-yourself Cajun seasoning or DIY lemon pepper seasoning for a novel twist.
Tips on how to Make Coconut Shrimp
- Coat the shrimp: Dredge every shrimp in cornstarch and egg, after which roll in a combination of coconut and panko crumbs.
- Bake: Cook dinner within the oven, air fryer or deep fryer till golden brown.
- Serve: together with your favourite dipping sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce.
An non-compulsory step to forestall curling whereas cooking is to skewer every shrimp lengthwise with a small skewer. Remember to take away it earlier than serving!
Suggestions for Crunchy Coconut Shrimp
- Shake off any extra cornstarch – you simply desire a mild dusting.
- For those who don’t have cornstarch, you need to use all-purpose flour as a substitute.
- Use sweetened coconut flakes for the perfect taste though unsweetened coconut flakes can be used.
- Spray the coconut coating with cooking spray earlier than cooking to get a crispy exterior.
- Coconut shrimp prepare dinner shortly and home equipment can range, so you should definitely test them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Tips on how to Put together Forward of Time
To organize shrimp forward of time, observe the recipe under. As soon as breaded with coconut, lay the shrimp out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate as much as 24 hours earlier than baking.
- Freeze on the baking sheet and as soon as frozen, switch to a freezer bag or air-tight container. Retailer as much as 2 months earlier than baking.
- Cook dinner frozen ready shrimp as directed, including 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Leftover shrimp might be saved within the fridge for 3-4 days in an hermetic container or zippered bag.
Extra Shrimp Faves
Did you make these Coconut Shrimp? Remember to depart a ranking and a remark under!
Candy Coconut Shrimp are battered and coated in coconut, then oven-baked till golden brown!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, salt, and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the egg.
Place the coconut in a meals processor and pulse to create a barely finer texture (or chop with a knife). You do not need it too superb, simply damaged up slightly bit. Combine with bread crumbs.
Dredge the shrimp within the cornstarch combination and shake to take away any extra cornstarch. Dip in egg, after which dip into the coconut combination, urgent to stick. Spray with cooking spray.
Place the shrimp on a parchment-lined pan and bake for 8 minutes.
Flip the shrimp and bake for an extra 5-10 minutes or till cooked by. Broil for 1 minute if desired.
Serve heat with candy chili dip (recipe under).
Air Fry: prepare dinner at 400°F for 7-9 minutes, flipping over after 4 minutes.
Deep fry: preheat oil to 375°F. Fry shrimp in small batches for 3-4 minutes or till golden and cooked by. Drain on paper towel and season to style.
- Cooking time is for giant shrimp, alter cooking time for different sizes.
- Spray the shrimp very nicely with cooking spray for a crispy exterior.
- Remember to shake off any extra cornstarch, you simply desire a mild dusting. Cornstarch might be changed with all objective flour.
- You need to use sweetener or unsweetened coconut flakes, we favor sweetened.
- Coconut shrimp prepare dinner quick, test them early to make sure they don’t overcook.
Energy: 329 | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 225mg | Sodium: 1136mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.