This Simple Tacky Breakfast Casserole is one your loved ones will love. Tremendous simple to make, similar to a quiche however with much less eggs and reheats very well. We love the sausage on this dish, mixed with the inexperienced chilis and pimentos the flavour is fantastic.
Simple Tacky Breakfast Casserole Components Wanted:
Pork Breakfast Sausage
Inexperienced Bell Pepper
All Objective Flour
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
This dish is straightforward elements and can be the proper addition to any breakfast or brunch. So many individuals will say “I don’t like cottage cheese, can I take advantage of one thing else” you possibly can at all times use ricotta however you possibly can’t style the cottage cheese. I’ve by no means tasted it in any recipe the place you really bake it. The cheese melts, identical to every other cheese. We topped this with bitter cream and all of us beloved it.
There are a number of modifications you possibly can make this dish:
- Use turkey sausage for a lighter dish
- Use smoked sausage or turkey smoked sausage to make it lighter
- Cottage Cheese is a good protein supply, so if you’re searching for a better protein breakfast, swap out the sausage for turkey sausage and hold the cottage cheese and you’ve got a a lot greater protein choice.
- Swap out the bitter cream for Greek yogurt.. which is decrease calorie and excessive in protein
- Use whichever shredded cheese your loved ones enjoys
This dish additionally reheats properly, so you possibly can make it on a Sunday and revel in it a number of mornings. We made this in a pie plate and it labored nice!
Are you studying our digital journal, Front Porch Life? It’s stuffed with nice new recipes, nation dwelling, incredible folks, southern appeal, cooking suggestions and a lot extra. We ship it on to your e mail so you can begin studying, cooking and stress-free instantly! That is our premium content material not discovered on our web site. Be part of 1000’s of others at the moment and begin having fun with our journal!
Simple Tacky Breakfast Casserole
This simple tacky breakfast casserole is one your loved ones will love. Tremendous easy and so good!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 pound pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped inexperienced pepper
- 4 ounce can inexperienced chilis drained
- 4 ounce can pimentos drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese might use no matter cheese you want
Brown sausage and inexperienced pepper in skillet on high of range. Drain, if wanted.
Stir in inexperienced chilis and pimentos.
In a bowl mix flour, salt, pepper, cottage cheese, melted butter. Stir to mix. Stir in eggs.
Spray a ten inch pie pan or a baking dish and pour within the flour and cottage cheese, egg combination.
Unfold sausage combination on high and shredded cheese on high of sausage.
Bake in preheated 375 diploma oven for 35 minutes.
Don’t overlook about our Ebooks! Every Book is a set of our hottest recipes. You’ll have all of them at your fingertips and may pull them up at any time. Good and handy as a substitute of getting to look a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Click on right here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Girl Cooks photographs and textual content – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on different websites, or different makes use of allowed with out written permission of the copyright holder.