Searching for a scrumptious dinner? This comforting hen noodle casserole is the reply!
This baked hen noodle casserole might be on the dinner menu rotation all 12 months lengthy!
A comfortable creamy casserole with hen, egg noodles, and inexperienced peas is smothered in a fast and creamy sauce and baked till bubbly.
This recipe makes use of a shortcut sauce (from scratch directions are included too!) to create a belly-warming meal very quickly in any respect!
An Straightforward Household Favourite
- Chicken and noodles are an ideal pariing for a fast and straightforward meal.
- Make the shortcut sauce with widespread pantry substances or if time permits, go for the selfmade sauce within the notes.
- Clear out the fridge by including leftovers like meats and veggies to this dish.
- Take pleasure in this casserole dinner in simply half-hour or put together upfront for a busy weeknight meal.
Preserve the fundamentals like cream of hen soup and the meat, however be at liberty to substitute the add-ins relying on what you’ve readily available!
Pasta – Use fusilli, penne, tortellini, or some other medium pasta as a substitute of egg noodles.
Hen – Use rotisserie hen or leftover cooked hen on this recipe. Diced ham or leftover turkey for a change.
Veggies – Combine in your favourite frozen veggies like peas, carrots, or broccoli. To make use of contemporary greens, cook dinner to tender crisp earlier than including to the dish.
Sauce – The fast model of this sauce makes use of cream of hen soup, however a selfmade model can be included within the recipe notes.
- Swap in your favourite cheese rather than cheddar cheese like pepper jack for a kick.
- Crushed Ritz crackers or potato chips make an incredible topping rather than Panko bread crumbs.
- Add herbs like contemporary thyme or parlsey to the sauce if desired.
Tips on how to Make Hen Noodle Casserole
This straightforward consolation meals favourite is prepared in just some steps!
- Boil noodles in a big pot till al-dente.
- Mix all substances in a casserole dish per the recipe beneath.
- Sprinkle on toppings and bake till golden brown and bubbly.
It’s that straightforward to make a scrumptious weeknight meal!
Suggestions for a Nice Casserole
- Cook dinner the pasta till it’s simply al dente in salted water. It should cook dinner a bit extra within the oven because the casserole bakes.
- Begin with pre-cooked breasts. If you happen to don’t have cooked hen, strive making poached chicken breast. Save the boiling water to cook dinner the pasta for a lift of taste.
- If substituting contemporary veggies, add them to the pasta water throughout the previous couple of minutes till tender. This protects the step of cooking them.
- Cheese is elective however provides nice taste to the topping.
Tips on how to Freeze Casseroles
Freezing casseroles is a good way to have a future dinner prepared on the final minute or a potluck meal to go. Simply be certain to not freeze a casserole with uncooked meat in it. Right here’s a straightforward technique for freezing any type of casserole!
- Line the underside of a casserole dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper, overlapping by no less than 6 inches on all sides.
- Assemble the casserole and chill it in a single day within the fridge. Wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap and label it with the date.
- Freeze the casserole. As soon as frozen, you’ll be able to elevate the foil out of the pan and reuse the dish.
- Place the casserole within the freezer. As soon as frozen, the foil may be lifted out of the pan so your pan can be utilized once more!
Extra Nice Casserole Recipes
If you happen to love this hen noodle casserole recipe, listed here are a couple of extra favorites so as to add to your rotation!
Did you get pleasure from this Hen Noodle Casserole? Be sure you go away a score and a remark beneath!
Straightforward Hen Noodle Casserole
This straightforward Hen Noodle Casserole is topped with a scrumptious breadcrumb combination and baked till bubbly!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Cook dinner the egg noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water till al dente, following the bundle instructions. Drain properly.
Deliver a saucepan of salted water to a boil over excessive warmth. Cook dinner egg noodles al dente (agency) in line with bundle instructions. Drain properly.
In a 2-quart casserole dish, mix the cooked egg noodles, shredded hen, hen soup, milk, frozen peas, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter. Sprinkle the combination over the casserole.
Bake for 20 minutes, or till bubbly. If desired, broil for 1 minute to brown the topping.
- Seasonings akin to thyme or poultry seasoning may be stirred into the sauce. I discover canned soup salty sufficient however you’ll be able to add further salt if desired.
- If substituting contemporary greens, add them to the pasta water throughout the previous couple of minutes till tender.
- Cook dinner pasta simply till it’s simply al dente.
- If you happen to don’t have cooked hen, simmer hen breasts in a little bit of water or broth for quarter-hour or till cooked by way of. Save the hen water for cooking the pasta.
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese may be added to the sauce if desired.
To Make Home made Condensed Cream of Hen Soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup hen broth
- ½ cup mild cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon every onion powder and garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Mix all substances besides butter in a chilly saucepan and whisk properly.
Place over medium warmth and proceed whisking till thickened. Stir in butter and season with salt & pepper to style and use rather than canned cream of hen soup.
Serving: 1.25cups | Energy: 342 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 30g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.