This Ham Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple and veggies. It’s a refreshing play on my favourite Hawaiian Pizza flavors (which isn’t truly Hawaiian in any respect)!
A fast and simple home made pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious facet dish!
It’s potluck good and makes a terrific facet dish or gentle meal.
A Contemporary and Flavorful Pasta Salad
In case you are in search of a pasta salad that’s slightly bit completely different, this ham pasta salad is it!
- Pasta – Use any medium formed pasta, farfalle, shells, and rotini are favorites.
- Add Ins: On this simple recipe, ham and pineapple are the celebs, impressed by flavors on a Hawaiian pizza. Crimson peppers add crunch and shade whereas inexperienced onions add taste.
- The dressing is a fast creamy pineapple dressing and it’s so good that I at all times double it for salads (it’s glorious over strawberry spinach salad too).
This recipe is not a Hawaiian dish, and it isn’t Hawaiian pasta salad like a Macaroni Salad discovered on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch. In a Hawaiian plate lunch, typically, macaroni salad is a tangy mixture of mayo & macaroni, typically with a number of different elements. Yow will discover a terrific Hawaiian macaroni salad here.
The Pineapple Dressing
You need to use virtually any dressing on pasta salad. This recipe features a recent and zesty pineapple dressing. Making home made dressing is very fast and simple, and the flavour is significantly better than store-bought dressing.
- Mayonnaise and bitter cream are the creamy base
- Pineapple (and a little bit of cider vinegar) add tang and freshness
- Dijon and garlic powder add taste whereas honey balances out the dressing.
Suggestions for Pasta Salads
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it’s going to soften because it soaks up the dressing.
- Add further dressing, as some will likely be absorbed by the pasta.
- Pasta salad is finest made no less than a few hours forward of time so the flavors have an opportunity to mix.
- Season the salad generously.
Excellent Pasta Salads
Did your loved ones love this Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad? You’ll want to go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad
Ham and pineapple Pasta Salad is a fast and simple facet dish. Home made pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious salad!
In a big pot, cook dinner the pasta in accordance with the package deal instructions. Drain the pasta and run it below chilly water to chill.
In a bowl, whisk collectively all dressing elements till clean.
In a big bowl, mix the cooled pasta, ham, pineapple, bell pepper, inexperienced onion, and dressing. Gently toss to mix.
Refrigerate the pasta salad for no less than 2 hours earlier than serving.
Customise the salad by including your favourite elements, resembling cherry tomatoes, extra bell peppers, or cucumbers.
Don’t overcook the pasta, it’s going to soften because it soaks up the dressing. Add further dressing, as some will likely be absorbed by the pasta.
Energy: 241 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.