This Ham Pasta Salad is loaded with pineapple and veggies. It’s a refreshing play on my favourite Hawaiian Pizza flavors (which isn’t really Hawaiian in any respect)!
A fast and straightforward home made pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious aspect dish!
It’s potluck excellent and makes a fantastic aspect dish or gentle meal.
A Contemporary and Flavorful Pasta Salad
If you’re searching for a pasta salad that’s slightly bit totally different, this ham pasta salad is it!
- Pasta – Use any medium formed pasta, farfalle, shells, and rotini are favorites.
- Add Ins: On this straightforward recipe, ham and pineapple are the celebrities, impressed by flavors on a Hawaiian pizza. Crimson peppers add crunch and colour whereas inexperienced onions add taste.
- The dressing is a fast creamy pineapple dressing and it’s so good that I at all times double it for salads (it’s wonderful over strawberry spinach salad too).
This recipe is not a Hawaiian dish, and it’s not Hawaiian pasta salad like a Macaroni Salad discovered on a typical Hawaiian Plate Lunch. In a Hawaiian plate lunch, usually, macaroni salad is a tangy mixture of mayo & macaroni, typically with a number of different components. You will discover a fantastic Hawaiian macaroni salad here.
The Pineapple Dressing
You should use nearly any dressing on pasta salad. This recipe features a recent and zesty pineapple dressing. Making home made dressing is very fast and straightforward, and the flavour is significantly better than store-bought dressing.
- Mayonnaise and bitter cream are the creamy base
- Pineapple (and a little bit of cider vinegar) add tang and freshness
- Dijon and garlic powder add taste whereas honey balances out the dressing.
Ideas for Pasta Salads
- Don’t overcook the pasta, it is going to soften because it soaks up the dressing.
- Add further dressing, as some can be absorbed by the pasta.
- Pasta salad is greatest made at the very least a few hours forward of time so the flavors have an opportunity to mix.
- Season the salad generously.
Good Pasta Salads
Did your loved ones love this Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad? You’ll want to depart a score and a remark under!
Ham & Pineapple Pasta Salad
Ham and pineapple Pasta Salad is a fast and straightforward aspect dish. Selfmade pineapple dressing is tossed with pasta, ham, and bell peppers for a uniquely scrumptious salad!
In a big pot, cook dinner the pasta in accordance with the package deal instructions. Drain the pasta and run it underneath chilly water to chill.
In a bowl, whisk collectively all dressing components till easy.
In a big bowl, mix the cooled pasta, ham, pineapple, bell pepper, inexperienced onion, and dressing. Gently toss to mix.
Refrigerate the pasta salad for at the very least 2 hours earlier than serving.
Customise the salad by including your favourite components, resembling cherry tomatoes, extra bell peppers, or cucumbers.
Don’t overcook the pasta, it is going to soften because it soaks up the dressing. Add further dressing, as some can be absorbed by the pasta.
Energy: 241 | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 7g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 489mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 26.9mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.9mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.