A wholesome bowl of soup makes an important dinner or hearty lunch.
This home made lentil soup recipe is cozy, filling, and loaded with nourishment. With only one pot and a handful of widespread components, this favourite soup is a go-to!
Finances-friendly, straightforward to make, and freezer-friendly, it is a staple in my home!
What’s Lentil Soup?
Lentil soup is a comforting and satisfying meal that packs a punch of vitamin and taste. Made with lentils, greens, and spices, this soup is a hearty and scrumptious technique to get in a serving of protein and fiber.
- Should you like bean soup, you’ll most likely love this one pot lentil soup recipe!
- Lentils are an important supply of protein and loaded with vitamin
- It is a budget-friendly meal and it reheats and freezes superbly.
- Home made lentil soup makes use of only a handful of widespread components and has nice taste.
- The wealthy and savory style of lentil soup is bound to be a crowd-pleaser and a wholesome choice for any meal.
Components for Lentil Soup
- Pulses (lentils): You should utilize any number of dried lentils, akin to inexperienced lentils, brown, or a combination. These varieties will maintain their form and texture properly within the soup.
- Greens: This recipe consists of onion, carrot, garlic, celery, and tomatoes to create a savory broth. Canned entire or diced tomatoes add additional taste. To spice up its dietary worth, you’ll be able to add some leafy greens akin to kale or spinach.
- Broth: Hen broth is used on this recipe to offer a wealthy and flavorful base. You should utilize home made rooster inventory or store-bought rooster broth. For a vegetarian choice, you should utilize vegetable broth or mushroom inventory as an alternative.
- Herbs & Spices: Bay leaf, curry powder, and cumin give this soup a scrumptious and distinctive taste. Cilantro is used as a garnish and may be substituted with recent parsley different herbs and spices to fit your style. A squeeze of recent lemon juice may be added.
Find out how to Make Lentil Soup
A lentil vegetable soup is a simple recipe with only a few steps.
- Prepare dinner carrot, onion, and celery in olive oil per the recipe under. Add spices and broth.
- Simmer with lentils and bay leaf skimming any foam.
- As soon as tender, season with salt and black pepper to style.
For a thicker soup, it may be simmered uncovered a bit longer or you’ll be able to mix a part of it with an immersion blender.
Serve it with crusty bread or a thick slice of homemade garlic bread or cornbread.
Extra Methods to Love Lentils
Leftover Lentil Soup?
- Cool the soup earlier than putting it in an hermetic container within the fridge. It should maintain recent for as much as 5 days.
- For longer storage, freeze the soup in a freezer-safe container and label it with the date it was made. It should last as long as 3 months within the freezer.
- To reheat the soup, use the stovetop or microwave. Warmth it till it reaches the specified temperature.
Extra Hearty Soup Recipes
Did you make this Home made Lentil Soup? Remember to go away a ranking and remark under!
Home made Lentil Soup
Nourishing, comforting and flavorful lentil soup is a straightforward one pot meal that’s warming and satisfying.
In a big pot, warmth olive oil over medium warmth. Add diced onion, carrot, celery, and minced garlic. Prepare dinner till onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in cumin and curry powder and cook dinner till aromatic, about 1 minute extra.
Pour in rooster or vegetable broth, water, and tomatoes (with juice) into the pot. Break up the tomatoes with a spoon. Carry to a boil over medium-high warmth.
Cut back warmth and add lentils and bay leaf. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour, stirring often and including extra broth if wanted and skimming off any foam as wanted.
As soon as the lentils are tender, discard the bay leaf and add chopped cilantro or parsley to style.
A wider pot will evaporate a bit quicker than a taller, thinner pot.
Seasonings may be modified primarily based on preferences. Swap out the curry and cumin for Italian seasoning, basil or oregano if desired.
Retailer leftovers in a coated container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop or within the microwave.
Energy: 186 | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 11g | Fats: 3g | Saturated Fats: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 611mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4004IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 4mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.