When you aren’t pleased together with your in-car navigation software program, do you know that Google Maps can also be accessible as a navigation choice on Apple CarPlay?
So long as you will have entry to Google Maps on an iPhone and a automotive with Apple CarPlay as a part of its infotainment system, you possibly can change to Google’s mapping service to get you round.
It offers you the flexibility to navigate to look outcomes, comparable to locations of curiosity, even set your course earlier than you get within the car – one thing unlikely to be the case together with your standard in-car satnav. So here’s what you need to do to get Google Maps working in your CarPlay system.
- First, replace your iPhone to the newest model of iOS.
- Now replace the Google Maps app if it hasn’t routinely performed so in your cellphone.
- As soon as performed, go to Settings > Basic > CarPlay in your iPhone and choose your automotive. You will notice an app display the place Google Maps is among the icons accessible. If you don’t need it to be on web page two of your in-car show, drag the icon onto the house display as you’d any app in your cellphone.
- Plug the cellphone into the USB port in your automotive – or join it wirelessly in case you have that choice. You will notice the CarPlay display seem with Google Maps accessible.
- Faucet on Google Maps and you may set your vacation spot in a lot the identical manner as you can on Apple Maps.
Google Maps is a good various for some, particularly if they like the app on their handset. It offers reside visitors reviews and knowledge you won’t get elsewhere – particularly a standard satellite tv for pc navigation system.
You would possibly discover that the Google Maps info is not despatched to the motive force’s dashboard, not like some devoted in-car navigation techniques, however it makes up for this with loads of linked options and reside routing info that is bang updated.