When you’re on the lookout for a fast meal that everybody loves, these are a household favourite!
Shrimp Tacos mix juicy, seasoned shrimp with recent, crunchy veggies and your fave toppings for a simple weeknight marvel.
Tuck them into corn (or flour) tortillas and create a taco bar for a enjoyable tackle taco evening.
An Simple Weeknight Meal
- Shrimp is a protein that’s fast to cook dinner making this dish come collectively FAST!
- Tuck these into flour or corn tortillas (and even flip them right into a shrimp taco salad).
- Add in a number of recent veggies to make them wholesome and flavorful!
Components for Shrimp Tacos
- Shrimp: Shrimp are a lean, flavorful protein that cooks up shortly. Select peeled and deveined shrimp (with the tails eliminated) for straightforward prep.
- Taco seasoning: Provides a burst of zesty, smoky taste. Use do-it-yourself taco seasoning or retailer purchased.
- Tortillas: I really like the flavour of corn tortillas however flour tortillas (and even crispy taco shells) work too!
- Cilantro slaw: A vibrant mix of shredded cabbage, carrots, and a light-weight dressing, it offers a satisfying crunch and a refreshing tanginess.
- Lime: A squeeze excessive brightens up the flavors, including a little bit of acidity that ties the entire dish collectively.
Selfmade Taco Seasoning
A easy combination with chili powder, floor cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, and salt u0026 pepper. Add a bit of cayenne pepper for some warmth for those who’d like!
Find out how to Cook dinner Shrimp for Tacos
For the best-tasting slaw, put together it effectively forward of time and hold refrigerated so the flavors can all mix. As soon as the dressing is ready, use solely sufficient to maintain the slaw coated however not soaking so it stays crisp and crunchy!
- Peel and devein the shrimp (and take away tails if desired). Combine with taco seasoning, garlic, and lime juice.
- On a sizzling skillet or grill, cook dinner shrimp till they’re pink.
- Scoop slaw into heat tortillas and add shrimp and desired toppings.
Toppings for Shrimp Tacos
Serve this straightforward shrimp taco recipe together with your favourite toppings or create a taco bar on your subsequent get-together!
- Sauces: Add guacamole, or drizzle with sizzling sauce, bitter cream, or homemade salsa.
- Recent: Add the cabbage slaw beneath or your favourite coleslaw. Attempt a couple of slices of avocado or radishes.
- Flavorful: Olives, jalapenos, further lime wedges, cilantro. Our fish taco sauce makes an amazing shrimp taco sauce too!
Appetizer: Something goes with tacos, making it a easy and enjoyable dinner. For an appetizer, serve some tortilla chips with mango salsa and Pico de Gallo.
Sides: Add Mexican rice, or our tex mex rice, refried beans or corn salad!
Extra Taco Night time Favorites
Did you make these Shrimp Tacos? Be sure you depart a score and a remark beneath!
These spicy shrimp tacos are the proper go-to for last-minute get-togethers or dinner at dwelling!
For the slaw, in a medium bowl, combine collectively inexperienced and purple cabbage, cilantro, mayonnaise, and cumin. Refrigerate.
In a separate bowl, mix shrimp with taco seasoning, lime juice, and garlic powder.
In a pan over medium-high warmth, warmth the olive oil. Add the seasoned shrimp in a single layer. Utilizing tongs, cook dinner shrimp for 1-2 minutes on all sides till they’re pink and cooked via.
Heat the corn tortillas over an open flame or comply with package deal directions.
Fill every heat tortilla with slaw and cooked shrimp, including every other desired toppings.
Spice issues up by including some chopped jalapeños or a splash of sizzling sauce to your slaw for an additional kick.
The cilantro slaw will be made in 24 hours prematurely and saved within the fridge. The flavors meld collectively superbly in a single day.
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days. Retailer shrimp individually from tortillas and toppings.
Energy: 265 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 17g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 194mg | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 11.5mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 2.3mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.